When to Start?
This program is designed for people who have completed their recommended course of treatment, including chemotherapy and radiation. However, if you are taking a long term oral medication for the treatment of cancer, you are still eligible for this program.
Who Should Start the Beat Fatigue Program?
If you are struggling or suffering from persistent side effects of chemotherapy and radiation, namely that of fatigue and exhaustion, you can benefit from this program. Often fatigue is accompanied with other health complaints such as pain or trouble sleeping, and these can also be addressed in the Beat Fatigue Program.
What Causes Fatigue?
Cancer related fatigue is caused by many factors including:
- chronic inflammation as a result of chemo-radiation;
- poor sleep as a result of inflammation, stress and worry, and hormone disruption;
- emotional stress and anxiety;
- often a poor diet and possible nutrient deficiency due to lack of appetite, nausea and changes in taste; and
- lack of exercise due to low mood, fatigue or lack of motivation.
How Does the Program Work?
The Beat Fatigue Program is a 15-week reset and reboot. The program starts with a thorough assessment and physical examination, as well as laboratory testing that can guide us to the root cause of the fatigue (hormone testing such as thyroid and cortisol, and testing inflammatory markers). We also test for nutrient deficiencies such as iron and vitamin B12. Your diet will be assessed, and a personalized anti-inflammatory, energy boosting meal plan will be created for you.
In the following weeks, you will undergo treatments based on what is most appropriate for your situation. Treatments are 8 weeks in length and may include a combination of one or more of the following recommendations:
- high dose multivitamin intravenous therapy
- glutathione intravenous therapy
- B12 injections
All program participants will receive an exercise plan as well as a 12-week meal plan that has been shown in clinical research to decrease fatigue. Select supplements will also be chosen based on what is appropriate for you.
How Much Does the Program Cost?
Each program is individually tailored so the exact cost varies. However, below are costs of individual treatments, so that you may budget or pre-determine what you are interested in.
- 75 Minute Initial Consultation $225
- Intravenous Therapies $90-$150 per treatment
- B12 injection $25 per injection
- Acupuncture $85 per treatment
- Meal Plan $Free
- Exercise Plan $Free
- Medical Supplements $20-$70
- Cortisol Testing $250
This program addresses all of the root causes of cancer related fatigue. Call the clinic at 403-202-7272 or book online to get started today!