When To Start The Naturopathic Oncology Program
The ideal time to start the program is prior to and during the course of your chemotherapy or radiation. Conventional therapy can be very good at killing cancer cells, but it is also very good at harming your normal, healthy body tissue. Also important is boosting the immune system, as it is critical to fighting off cancer. This program can also be implemented during remission or palliative care.
Initial Naturopathic Oncology Consultation (75 Minutes)
- Discuss concepts of naturopathic oncology, and explain naturopathic treatments, including intravenous vitamin C and mistletoe
- Discuss goals of seeking naturopathic care
- Obtain complete personal medical history and complete family history
- Assess presence of past and current cancer specific risk factors
- Discuss current symptomatology
- Obtain list of current medications
- Assess stress, exercise and social support
- Identify the need for specific treatments, such as IV therapy or acupuncture
- Start physical exam, and measure body composition to monitor weight loss
- Lab testing if necessary, or obtain current labs and any recent imaging and pathology reports
- Begin naturopathic protocol, if appropriate
- Answer all of your questions!
As you can see, the first appointment is very busy, but once complete we will have you well on your way to your individualized program. What follows the initial consultation depends on what stage you are at in your “cancer career”: active treatment, rehabilitation or remission.
Comprehensive Complete Treatment
If you are undergoing surgery, chemotherapy, radiation or immunotherapy, it is critically important you keep your body healthy, strong and nourished. The therapies we offer at our clinic will give you the energy and well-being you desire.
- Pre- and post-surgery protocols
- Radiation protocols
- Complete IV therapy (twice weekly infusions at our clinic tailored to your needs)
- Mistletoe therapy
- In depth nutritional counselling with individualized meal planning
- Cupping and acupuncture for discomfort due to side effects (2-3 times per week)
You made it through all of your treatments, and if you are one of the lucky ones, you may have tolerated the drugs okay. Unfortunately, surgeries, chemotherapy, and lots of other drugs usually take a toll on the system. Naturopathic oncology therapies can help you heal.
- Digestive system (herbal prescriptions and acupuncture)
- Nervous system (detoxification IVs and herbal prescriptions)
- Sleep re-set (detoxification, acupuncture and targeted supplementation)
- Stress management techniques
- Pain management (acupuncture and cupping)
- Healthy weight management
- Fatigue and energy improvement (IV therapy, exercise and herbal prescriptions)
You’ve been given the green light. Your scans are clear and you are stable. Now is the time to make sure you are doing everything possible to get healthier than you were before your diagnosis.
- IV therapy (once or twice per month)
- Building muscle and maintaining a healthy weight
- Cortisol and other hormone testing
- Acupuncture for sleep and stress management
- Meal planning, and help with choosing healthy options
- Regular physical exams and active surveillance