People ask me all the time, what is it that attracted me to the area of integrative oncology? Isn’t it hard working with people who have cancer? So let me tell you why I do what I do.
From the moment my clinical practice began as a student and I started taking appointments with people diagnosed with cancer, I was blown away by the things I heard week after week. “My energy hasn’t been this good in years!” “I’ve been sleeping like a baby.” “My pain is so much better – I finally was able to get back to yoga.” “Sometimes I feel like I don’t have cancer.”
It became apparent to me from the start of my career how powerful and extremely effective naturopathic medicine can be with those struggling with side effects from chemotherapy or radiation, and who are trying to recover after their treatments.
I believe that people should be able to live a normal life when they have cancer, and afterwards. With a little bit of help with diet counselling, IV therapies, and specific medical grade supplements, quality of life can be enhanced to the point where you may actually forget you have cancer.
I am extremely passionate about naturopathic integrative oncology and wish that all patients could experience the profound benefits it has to offer.
The Technical Stuff
- Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine – Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine
- Member of the College of Naturopathic Doctors of Alberta
- Member of the Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors
- Member of the Oncology Association of Naturopathic Physicians
- Member of the Society of Integrative Oncology
- Certified in Intravenous Therapy
- Certified in Mesotherapy
- Certified in Acupuncture
- Specialized Internship – Adjunctive Cancer Care – Robert Schad Naturopathic Clinic
- Bachelor of Science – University of Calgary